Vancouver tends to be a popular destination in the warmer months – a bustling city just steps away from the ocean and mountains, allowing visitors to partake in a wide range of activities – from cycling, to hiking to fishing. In the summer though, it’s much less busy, so it comes as no surprise that the city is trying to lure potential visitors in with a fantastic deal.
BeVancouver is offering a fantastic deal for hotel bookings in Vancouver through April 30, 2017. Receive an American Express gift card (starting at $50 CAD, depending on the hotel) worth up to $125 CAD for your first night and a 50 CAD gift card for every night at a hotel there after. More promotion details below:
- Guests will receive their $50, $75, $100 or $125 CAD AMEX Prepaid Gift Card per 1st night of booking
- Guests will receive an additional $50 CAD AMEX Prepaid Gift Card for every additional night after the 1st night
- Check in must occur before August 30, 2016
- Reservations an non-refundable
- Booking must be made on the BeVancouver website in order to avail of this promotion
- Gift cards can be used to pay for the hotel room or anywhere that American Express cards are accepted.
The website notes that breaking up your reservation into multiple, consecutive reservations at the same property will not result in several first night gift cards (aka up to $125 CAD).
Since you’ll be booking through a third party website, most hotel chains will likely not offer Elite status benefits (at least officially), though you might luck out and the property may choose to extend these to you in any case (but I wouldn’t count on it).
It’s a solid deal if you’re planning to be in Vancouver between now and April. You could luck out and get your first night just about free, and the extra $50 CAD per night really sweetens the deal. If you’re aiming to rack up elite qualifying nights on hotels though, this promo isn’t for you, since reservations are made through a third party portal, but there’s an opportunity to earn a few airline miles along the way if you have to fly to YVR.